Friday, July 29, 2016

Entrepreneurial Journal 2: Childhood Dream

I'd like for you guys to watch this video. CLICK HERE For those of you who dreamed big as a child, this post is for you. I was really inspired after watching this video of a man named Randy Pausch. If you watched the video, then you know what I'm talking about. In his address he made a statement that caught my attention. He speaks in reference of his football coach who rode him hard in practice one day. I quote from his talk. "When you're screwing up and nobody's saying anything to you anymore, that means they gave up." He continues in his own words. "When you see yourself doing something badly and nobody's bothering to tell you anymore, that's a very bad place to be." I learned that sometimes your critics are the ones who truly love you and care for you. They want the best for you so they encourage the best OUT of you. I loved his whole talk. He really inspired me to change my perspective on life. In his closing remarks he says, " It’s not about how to achieve your dreams. It’s about how to lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." Sometimes I get caught up in trying to do everything right. In the process I forget, and it's one of my weaknesses, to recognize the small things. Life happens and no matter how hard you try to stay on the path your currently on, life finds a way of scooting you over. Sometimes your dreams might be put on hold but it doesn't stop you from enabling others to live their dreams. If you are doing the right things in life, helping others may be more fulfilling than living your own dreams. That is the lesson I have learned from Mr. Pausch. "Karma will take care of itself." One of my favorite quotes from the President of my church is, "decisions determine destiny." I interpret that as good decisions determines a good destiny. If you lead your life in the right way, good things will come your way. I believe that is the core of all childhood dreams. Good comes from God and God instills in us the privilege of making our own decisions. Our dreams are dependent on our choices. We have the choice to work hard and to strive to do our very best. We also have the choice to react to life's challenges in a good way. Our choices have serious consequences for good and bad. So the next time you feel discouraged, remember we have the choice to react in a good way. The next time you feel like someone is constantly criticizing you, remember that is a good place to be. Someone actually cares to criticize you. The next time your dreams are a big failure, remember it’s not about how to achieve your dreams, it's about how you lead your life. "Karma will take care of itself."

No comments: