Thursday, July 28, 2016

Entrepreneurial Journal Week 1

This meme describes exactly where I'm at in life in regards to my passion for the visual arts. It has been over a year since my last post. I don't know about you, but if you decided to go on a 1 year vacation from work, there might not be anything to come back to? Well, I promise this past year was not a vacation for me. It was not work either. It's what they call "LIFE". But "true love has a habit of coming back." Not to burst your bubble (cause I know you were waiting for a video segment of how I was gonna make a come back), I'm not planning on posting new material any time soon. Its just not in the stars at the current time. But I do not want to give up. Especially on this blog. This blog has provided me and my subscribers, ALL 20 of them, a journal of sort. Documenting my journey in the photography and videography business. Looking back at my very first post, I have progressed, very very very slowly! Not just in the quality of work, but also in the business aspect of it. Which proved I was not ready for the next level. I have learned so much from others and from my experiences, good and bad. So I've decided to write a few "lessons learned" to pacify the time until I get my act together. Hence, the reason for titling this post, journal entry 1. Lesson one: I made so many mistakes, but the most important lesson I've learned is to LOVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. To truly love it. To truly do it for the passion and the love of the art. You know when you love something or someone? You constantly think about it and it occupies the bulk of your time. I love weddings and I love filming them. It's risky business but the rewards far out weigh the risks. I love the art of filming. I think the ability to create and to tell people's story is why I fell in love with film. I love the fact I can continue to master my craft and perfect my skills. The wedding industry provides ample opportunity to learn on the fly and I kind of enjoy that rush. The end results don't always go as plan but you cannot learn without experiencing it yourself. With all my failures in the wedding business, my love for the game is a constant. I may not be the best, but I love this stuff just as much as the pros do. If you love what you do, and still fall flat on your face, at least you can say you had a good time. Figure it out now! Ask yourself, do I love what I am doing? I have so much more to say but I'll save it for next time. I don't expect to many people to read my blog. The important thing is I have made an effort to journalize those life lessons to hopefully create better habits for myself. The goal is to be better than the person I am today. Blogging is one way I can do that. Until next time, happy blogging everyone!

No comments: